I'm neck-deep in the roman shade project. I've discovered why sewing is so stressful for me...there are SO many little steps, which creates plenty of places to make errors! Accidentally sew wrong sides together instead of right and the next half hour is picking stitches! Even though it's not my favorite thing to do, it is so rewarding to create something from scratch and that's what keeps me coming back, over and over. Maybe at some point I'll become good enough that I won't make so many mistakes. Here's to hoping!
My first shade turned out great mechanically,
but because I used blackout lining, my stitching from the rod pockets GLOWS! ...and showcases my not-so-straight stitching! Needless to say, there will be no black out lining this go around.