Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vintage Set

Because I played it safe with the color of this set, I wanted to do something a little different with the hardware.  


I love the monochromatic look.


Here it is before...


And after...


I forgot to get a shot of the drawers behind the cabinets.  I'll shoot one tomorrow and upload it with the others to my shop.


Here's the dresser or sideboard…whichever you prefer.


Before...




The color is Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace.  It's the perfect gray white because there's no yellow in the color formula.  It's just straight up white.





And the nightstand for which I am missing a piece of hardware :(  I've turned my garage upside down looking for it.  
I'm at a loss. I actually cried.  
Because what else do you do when you lose a piece of hardware from 1966?  You cry.
So, until I find it, or something similar, this won't be listed available.




Check my shop for dimensions and pricing.


15 comments:

  1. These pieces are beautiful! The monochrome color lets the details really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great hardware resource is Lee Valley (www.leevalley.com). Saw their link on another blog & ordered their catalog (LOVE!) but have yet to order from them myself -good luck - and beautiful job on the vintage set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out completely lovely! Great color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi natty,

    when I lose a piece of hardware like that I go to Muff's down in the Orange Circle in Orange County. You could try and call them?? I know strange name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the original owners are going to want these back . . . they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful in the white! Gorgeous job, Natty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They have a simple elegance. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I never would have envisioned such beautiful fresh pieces from that ugly outdated set. I love your work. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful~ I love white painted pieces too!! They are always so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for a cool white for a dresser I'm working on, this one might fit the bill!

    Kristina
    @PearlGateway
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I like this so much! Usually I love the fact that you use so much color, but this is the perfect set for the treatment you chose. Honestly, I think I would have passed those pieces by- you truly transformed them into something so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I FEEL FOR YOU...I know your pain..I redid a vintage trailer and couldn't find one of the cabinet handles...unbelievable!
    Love the stunning white dressers...just beautiful. It will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks awesome! I need to follow your example and tackle a hutch I've been putting off.

    ReplyDelete