Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The New Spray Gun

Don't mind my silence.  I've just spent every moment of downtime the last two days looking for a new spray gun.  Mine is being very temperamental, so I decided this was the perfect excuse to buy a new one.  Until I started looking, that is.  Then all I wanted was to stop looking!  There are so many spray guns, so many set ups and so many different purposes for each - it's overwhelming to choose.  My eyes are burning from so many hours reading paint gun specs, but finally, I've picked one.

Meet the newest member of my refinishing team.




The SATAjet 1000.  Isn't she pretty?  She should be here by next Tuesday and I can't wait to try her out!  I've been using a gravity feed gun and have been happy with it, so I stuck with that set up.  If my production level was higher, I definitely would've opted for a pressure feed or an airless set up,  however the clean up with those is far from appealing to me at this point.

I'm off to pick my older two up from school.  Tomorrow I'll be back with a 30 minute pillow tutorial and don't forget to ender the Jo Totes camera bag giveaway.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. She IS pretty! Let me know how she works. I have been looking for a good gun! Good luck and Congratulations! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one that is very similar and didn't care for it. It leaked and clean up is still a pain. I'm curious to see how yours works for you. Please post so I can buy the same spray gun if it works well for you. Thanks!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. A month ago I got an airless sprayer and I love it, the clean up seems very complicated and overwhelming in the beginning but as I use it more and more, the clean up it's really easy, the over spray is minimum, It does use more paint, mostly because you waste it in the clean up. This week I painted two bedrooms sets (two long dressers, two tall dressers four night tables, a total of 28 drawers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A spray gun is such a life saver. It makes everything professional.



    Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete