Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Salsa desk!

I guess it's about time I share a finished piece with you.  I know...it's been a looong time.  The other good news is that it's available in the shop. :)

Jilly from the blog Girls with Good Taste was looking to sell this beautiful, antique desk.  She sent me a picture and it took me all of five seconds to respond with an enthusiastic YES!  She even dropped it off at my house.  How's that for first-rate service?



The color is BM Salsa (from this post).  The white balance on my camera was having serious issues capturing this intense color correctly and it reads differently depending on the angle of my computer screen.  I'm hoping it's reading right on yours.


Of course I opted for a high gloss finish. :)


Don't you love the antique hardware?  I think this style is referred as batwing.

This last photo seems to be most indicative of the true color.  A deep, pinky, orangey, coral color.  How's that for technical.


Pricing and dimensions available in the shop.  Shipping is available within the US.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful color! Def a "in" color this season too;)

    http://leeanderin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the legs on that piece. Tall and skinny - very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this! That color is magnificent. One question did you paint that lampbase too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for an old desk to redo. I have an old dresser, just trying to pick out the perfect shade of aqua/turquoise/peacock blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed. BEAUTIFUL once again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I think it would be so inspiring to work at this amazing desk. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snazzy Natalie I love that pop of color (puts a smile on my face) I see your have over 1000 followers now WOOHOO!!!!! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Super fun color. It reminds me of my cerulean desk - how funny that we both shared similar desks in the same week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an incredible and unexpected color. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's stunning! Beautiful job, Natty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love with this color! What did you use for the finish on this one? I haven't been brave enough to do a high gloss finish yet...very intimidating to me-but I'm itching to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 08, 2012

    soooooo..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this desk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning. Stumbled across this desk and love the color. I do interior design through my company, Innovasion and I have created a FemShui Design brand for creating inspiring workspaces for women at home and at the office. I posted your desk - perfect for FemShui Design.

    ReplyDelete