Friday, December 7, 2012

Family Picture day!

It is decided, family picture day is officially the worst day of the year for me.  So much stress and hoopla in hopes that you get at least one wall worthy photo.
Fortunately Lindsey was amazing and made process as painless as possible.  Plus the pictures turned out great!  All that stress for nothing.

Note:  Do not wear a black blousy shirt in hopes of hiding your "problem area" - it could quite possibly backfire.

She captured some great photos of the kids.  I was dancing behind the camera thinking I was making the kids laugh - I didn't realize Zac was mimicking my antics behind me and that's what was really making them laugh.

I love Colby's face here.  Not sure what to do with himself surrounded by all of these sassy girls.


Someone tell me how my sweet little eight year old looks like a teenager in this photo???  She's growing up too fast!



Colby finally lost one of his front teeth a week before the photos.  Part of me likes it and part of me wishes it could've just held on for a couple more weeks.  Does that make me awful?

Ahhh, the boots.  The stinky, stinky boots.  They're practically an extension of this little girl - we had to include them.  They're so bad, she's not allowed to take them off in the car because EVERYONE can smell them.  Any successful ways to get rid of that?



This last picture of the kids is a preview (I cropped it in half) of the photo I chose for our Christmas cards and it's the one what will go up on the wall.  It's my absolute favorite.  None of us are looking at the camera and we're all laughing.  I feel like it's the shot that truly captures our family.  Can't wait to show you, but I don't want to kill the Christmas card surprise. :)


Lindsey did an amazing job!  She's a popular one, so she might already be booked for Christmas.  She specializes in family, engagement, senior and newborn photography (she has a separate website for that).  Come check her out!

Lindsey Bennett Photography blog
Baby Love Photography blog
Her Facebook

28 comments:

  1. Acompanho o teu blog à algum tempo e gosto imenso do que por aqui colocas.
    os meus parabéns pela família tão linda, feliz e unida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. çok güzelsiniz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are the cutest! I love how natural everyone looks.

    P.S. Stop it with the 'problem area'! You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kacey! As far as the problem area, all I hear is "blah, blah, blah". :)

      Delete
  4. i love them! and i loooooove the one of belle in the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lis. I was so happy to get a good one of her. She was by far the hardest to get a natural smile from. She's an expert at the chin jutting smile.

      Delete
  5. These photos are absolutely beautiful, and of course so are you and your family. I love the one with the sassy girls and the boy who doesn't quite know what's going on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He so mild compared to them, that's what it's like all the time! By the time he's married, he's going to be completely used to the drama of females!

      Delete
  6. These are such good family pictures! They really do give a good picture of who you are as a family. Lovely work Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a great job didn't she? So talented.

      Delete
  7. I love them! You guys all look so happy and your kids were awesome! I'd definitely say these were a HUGE success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I've said it before, "My what a beautiful family". Thank you for sharing. Happy Holidays to you and those handsome children, husband ok, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos! You are beautiful and a beautiful family. You all have great smiles and look like a very happy family. It looks like the photo shoot was a fun time. A sweet one of you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure you don't have any problem areas....you look fantastic!! All great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all (and love that your little one included her cheetah-print boots)! I can't wait for you to list the final card. It looks like a good one already! Hope you're doing well over there in AZ and have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful family and beautiful photos!

    I've read that regular listerine can take the stink out of shoes, but I haven't tried it. My daughter is a boot freak, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to google that one and see if I can find instructions! I'm willing to try anything at this point!

      Delete
  13. The pictures are terrific. Your kids are darling and so are you and your husband. As for the boots, sprinkle baking soda in them before she puts them on--works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to try it today! Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  14. You have such a beautiful family - what wonderful photos. I had to giggle about the boots. My daughter had a pair of rain boots that were attached to her as well and oh my word did they ever STINK! I remember more than a few car rides in the cold rain with the windows down just to get a breath of fresh air....the baking soda trick worked well once we found out about it. Just wish we would have heard about it sooner!

    ReplyDelete