Thursday, June 2, 2011

Michelle’s Table–The Finished Product

When I showed you the sneak peak of Michelle of Three Men and a Lady’s table last week, I thought it was finished.  There had been some miscommunication along the way {totally my fault – hindsight is 20/20, right?} and it was too light.  I had already put several coats of poly over the top, so I went into a miniature panic mode.  I really, really didn’t want to sand and stain this table again.  Then, inspiration hit!  Enter three more coats of polyurethane, but tinted this time.  I must say, I like the look even better.  It really deepened and warmed the look of the wood.

michelle's table 1michelle's table 3michelle's table 2

What do you think?  You can check out Michelle’s incredibly flattering post here.

17 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! And after seeing the before, I was even more amazed! Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! it turned out fantastic. i shudder to think how many hours you put into this project. it's beautiful. lucky, lucky michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely GORGEOUS! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! The transformation is amazing. I always drool over furniture that would look so fabulous refinished, but then I chicken out and think I could never get the stain too look right. Thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! I was looking forward to seeing that grey-ish stain you made...This finish is absolutely gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay really Natalie, it looks awesome. Above & beyond. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!!!!!! Grea thinking Natalie! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I wish I had those kind of furniture skills. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sheen on that table is amazing!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fabulous, its a beautiful table but you made it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

    Come strut your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still can't believe our first party had over 300 links. I have a special give away planned for linkers this week.

    I would love it if you would grab the bacon time party button for your collection of link parties since it will run every Friday evening through Sunday night.

    Thanks again, hope to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you mind telling me what color stain you used on this? Looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete