Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rattan Coverup

When I was writing yesterday's post on the faux bamboo dresser, I knew I was forgetting something, but couldn't remember what.  (I have a TERRIBLE memory and lately I'm wondering all the paint fumes are making it worse!)  Then half way through day, it hit me - ahhh, the part about how Zac covered the rattan on the drawers.

The drawers originally had a rattan detail that my client wanted covered up.



Zac headed to the hardware store and picked out a thin, lightweight wood that matched the wood grain on the rest of the piece.  He measured the drawers and cut the wood with his circular saw.  (A table saw would've been the better tool for this job but ours is a pain to set up so Zac opted for the circular saw instead).



He nailed the insert in place and caulked the edges, then he handed them over to me for primer and paint.


And now you'd never know….




8 comments:

  1. Great idea. It does look better with the smooth insert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart husband you have. Looks so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I love the gold hardware, gorgeous job guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks way better!!! What a good husband you have there! I'm sure Cameron would have lost a finger or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it with out the rattan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dresser looks great! The hardware is unusual, especially the pulls in the middle. I like how they're 3-D. The rattan cover-up looks great, BTW. Makes the piece much cleaner and fresher!

    ReplyDelete