Monday, June 11, 2012

furniture dolly - DIY style

I hope you all had a great weekend!  My oldest was baptized on Saturday and that was pretty exciting for our family.  Because of that we've had extended family in town.  Mine knows Arizona well, but Zac's doesn't so it's always fun to play the tourist guide.  (Though I wouldn't say the desert is a bustling hub of awesomeness during the summer - it's supposed to get up to 110 degrees this week.  Eeek).

Some days when I get overloaded, I sort of spaz out and get a wee bit high strung.
I hope you can relate.
Zac has learned on those days, the best thing to do is ask, "What can I do to help?"  Ahh…music to my stressed-out ears.
The first thing that came to my mind when he asked this time was...furniture dollies.  I think I said something equally as loving, like, "Uhh…make me furniture dollies."  
So he did.
 His little helper.
And I love them.
But just so you don't spend your time making dollies at $25 a piece - Harbor Freight sells them for $12.  If only I would've thought to look.  Beforehand. 





7 comments:

  1. That was really nice! I just told my husband yesterday (as he was hauling furniture into my workshop)that I could use a couple furniture dollies. Thanks for the tip on Harbor Freight! But really, I would imagine yours will last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! I do love Harbor Freight... :)

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading through a lot of your posts, and you are adorable! I love paint( as an artist) but haven't gotten into painting furniture much, so you are inspiring! I paint everything else, though; walls ( alot), light fixtures, rugs. My dad always called me pip-squeak. Your daughter is a cutie.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got any ideas for moving furniture through a hilly yard down to a walk-out basement which doubles as my workroom? Maybe I need a furniture dolly with all-terrain wheels! Or maybe I need to build a removable ramp to slide furniture down my basement stairs so I can come in through the front door and not have to go through the yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work for children if bored then they entertain them self and it shows a fine art of wood which reflects a persons quality and love towards work.
    coffee table perth

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really a nice idea. You gave me the hint. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete