Thursday, August 23, 2012

a french dresser and two whites

This is the dresser this hardware belongs to.  It was painted BM's Chantilly Lace for a client waaaay back at the beginning of summer.  It is one of two most common whites I use - the other being BM's White Dove.  CL has only a teensy bit of gray in the paint formula, making it a cool white, while White Dove has just enough yellow to make it warm, without being overly creamy.  Both are quite commonly used for cabinetry and interior trim.


Here's a quick picture of the chest before I started standing.




8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always! The beautiful hardware really pops against the white. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dressers were uber popular when I was growing up. I love the curves and those legs... hubba hubba

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful! will this be in the shop?

    teri
    www.bockting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i NEED two just like this.
    pretty please . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recognize that piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some very old furniture from my grandmother and would like to know how to get ideas or just get started in learning how to paint furniture. Any "how to" suggestions? They are probably early 19th century -don't know for sure. Not home to send you a picture -they are in my barn, was going to give them away at a yard sale and then I saw your post on face book through a friend's post and well here I am rethinking about painting the bedroom suit. the pieces are: chest of drawers with mirror, large bureau w/mirror, vanity and stool. Color? Well, I love this new mint green and also aqua is my favorite. Can you tell me what type of paint to buy and gloss or semigloss or hi gloss? Many thanks. cedarhill58@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete