Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Before and After :: Purplish Jenny Lind Bed

The cutie vintage Jenny Lind spool bed is finished!  Picking the color was the hardest part.  I wanted to use a color I haven't before, but found that purple is a really hard color to work with.  So many shades and tints and undertones!


Plus, the rich color of the unfinished wood was so beautiful I contemplated not painting it at all.  Buuut, that's not what a do - it had to be painted.



The deeper tones in the light, pinkish purple flowers from this post were my inspiration for the shade.



And it's available!  Email me for pricing: nattycox@gmail.com.

11 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I love the color, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty purple color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know purple isn't everyone favorite color, but I kind of always loved it, if you get the right shade...and you did! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this...but I love everything you do. Jenny Lind beds are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color. My kids all slept in a yellow Jenny Lind crib. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying at the cuteness of it! I can't wait to go show Danny. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty shade of purple and a beautiful job you did. It really is a fun color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes!! It's beyond amazing, I love it! Sometimes it's so hard to paint over pretty wood but I think this was the better choice. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out perfect. What little girl doesn't love purple. I wasn't blessed with a girl, but if I did have one her room would have been pink and purple! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. jenny, the purple color looks very feminine and girlie. Liked it over the vintage one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours posted perspective Before and After :: Purplish Jenny Lind Bed which give users a lot of knowledge.
    sociology dissertation proposal examples

    ReplyDelete