Thursday, September 6, 2012

some projects in the works

Often, my garage fills with furniture I've slowly acquired that gets put on the back burner while I move through custom furniture orders.  For the next two weeks, I've scheduled out a block of time to finally prep and paint anything lingering around.

I don't yet have a vision for this large dresser.  Sometimes that's what keeps me from moving on certain pieces and quickly tackling others.  I usually wait until I know what to do before I take the plunge.  This time, I'm going to get it all prepared and hope that inspiration will hit during the process.


This little chest is the perfect size for an entryway or to be used as a sideboard in a dining room.


Isn't this bench great?  I have so many ideas for this one - I'm just not sure which to go with!  Decisions, decisions.

I'm really excited to get started on this Jenny Lind twin bed.  It's the cutest little thing.

16 comments:

  1. OMG I love that bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a Jenny Lind cradle for $15 at a local thrift shop. I am keeping it for myself but haven't decided what to do with it. I am excited to see how the twin bed turns out. Make that it's own post, please!

    P.S. Love your work. I have bought and painted my own furniture for years, but was never very interested in a pro finish until now. Keep the articles coming! I learn from each one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that bench! Great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these for your shop or customers? They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are for the shop! The first ones in a while!

      Delete
  5. I'm totally interested in that Jenny Lind bed! Would love to know how much you will be selling it for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna, send me an email at nattycox@gmail.com and we can discuss.

      Delete
  6. Great bench! You find the coolest stuff! I just can't find that stuff around here...maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that "little chest" = serious envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want every single one of those items. perhaps i should buy a couch or two first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, Natalie, if you could see MY garage, you'd be appalled! Okay, well, it's not THAT bad, but I've got a stack of furniture in there that I have more ideas than TIME for. My thrift store has THE.BEST.STUFF ever, and I just picked up a buffet that was only $50! I am itching to get started with it, but I decided to prioritize my projects first so I don't continue being a scatterbrain and starting a project and then moving on before it's done. SIGH...

    Anyhow, if you're interested in seeing the buffet, it's on my FB page!

    www.FaceBook.com/ThriftDiving

    Great pieces you've got there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tables and bench! What great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful pieces I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How about silver leaf or Rub-n-Buff?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s actually a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Wonderful blog & good post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok... Totally jealous now... Such a great set, but the bench is awesome... Can't wait to see what you'll do! I'm your newest follower ;) - Susan

    ReplyDelete